Definition of Financial Hardship
The Telecommunications Consumer Protections Code C628:2015 defines Financial Hardship as a situation where a customer is unable to discharge of the financial obligations in relation to our services, but where the customer expects to be able to do so over time if payment arrangements are changed.
We encourage you to contact us if you experience any difficulties paying our services. Please contact us by calling 07 4951 7777 if you would like to discuss any Financial Hardship matters with us. Our office hours are Monday to Friday from 8.30am to 5.00pm
Identification of a Customer Experiencing Financial Hardship
Redfox considers financial hardship as a state that involves a customer’s inability to pay bills, rather than an unwillingness to do so. Financial hardship can arise from a variety of situations and can be of either limited duration or long term. Common causes of financial hardship include, but are not limited to:
- • Loss of employment by the customer or family member;
- • Family breakdown;
- • Illness including physical incapacity, hospitalisation, or mental illness of the customer or family member;
- • A death in the family;
- • Abuse of the service by a third party leaving the customer unable to pay the account; and
- • Natural Disaster.
1. Contact our accounts team on 07 4951 7777 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org. Our office hours are Monday to Friday from 8.30am to 5.00pm. Our Financial Hardship Application Form is also available on our website and can be submitted online.
2. When assessing your eligibility for Financial Hardship, we may ask you to provide certain documents such as:
• A statutory declaration or official written communication from a person or support group that is familiar with your circumstances;
• Evidence that you consulted a recognised financial counsellor;
• A statement of your financial position
We may not be able to make an assessment of your circumstances if you do not provide us with the requested information.
3. The agreed financial solution should meet the following criteria:
• The repayment should be sufficient to cover expected future use of the service (as adjusted to ensure the customer’s financial position does not worsen over a reasonable period of time).
• The arrangement should provide a continued reduction of debt at a reasonable rate (i.e. the customer should not be increasing existing debt levels under the arrangement).
4. Once we come to an agreement we will issue a Payment Plan via email or letter to you. You must inform us if your circumstances change (for better or worse) during our arrangement.
We will not charge you for assessing your Financial Hardship circumstances or for administering the matter.
How long will the assessment take?
Your assessment will be reviewed by our credit team within 7 business days.
Financial Counselling Services
In times of need there are many fantastic organisations that can offer assistance. The following organisations are in no way affiliated with Redfox but might provide the help you need:
Financial Counsellors Association of Queensland: 1800 007 007 www.fcqn.asn.au Financial Counsellors based in Queensland
Financial First Aid: 1800 639 523
www.financialfirstaid.org.au Telephone financial counselling service